We all want to live long, vibrant and healthy lives. At one time intervention in the aging process was regarded as mere fantasy—but today it is within our reach due to breakthroughs in nutritional science. Resveratrol, a compound that is abundant in red wine, has been making headlines recently for its anti-aging potential and its well-documented antioxidant and cardiovascular benefits. Resveratrol has been shown in new research at Harvard Medical School to increase the lifespan of yeast cells—a finding that may help explain the life-extending effects of the Mediterranean diet. Now Source Naturals offers you RESVERATROL from a non-alcoholic source. RESVERATROL is part of Source Naturals’ extensive line of scientifically based nutrients, designed to help you shape a successful anti-aging program.
Resveratrol in the News
Researchers at Harvard Medical School recently made headlines when they identified a plant molecule they believe may hold the key to slowing the human aging process. The compound, resveratrol, is produced by grapevines and other plants in response to environmental stress.
The groundbreaking study, reported in the journal Nature, showed that resveratrol mimics the life-extending effects of calorie restriction and increases the lifespan of yeast cells by up to 80%. Resveratrol was found to activate certain enzymes that influence the genes that regulate aging. This research may help explain the long-established association between moderate red wine consumption and cardiovascular health and longevity.
Wide-Ranging Anti-Aging Benefits
Previous research has documented resveratrol’s many health benefits:
- Resveratrol is a phytoestrogen, which may protect breast, prostate, and endometrial tissue, according to animal and in vitro research.
- Resveratrol was found to support healthy mammary and skin tissue in mice by suppressing damaging free radicals.
- Resveratrol may support healthy circulation, according to human and animal studies.
- Resveratrol has been shown to reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) oxidation and to promote healthy HDL (good cholesterol) levels.
- Resveratrol was found to inhibit the Cox-1 and Cox-2 enzymes, which are involved with cellular irritation and cellular growth and regeneration, according to in vitro studies. Recent research focuses on its role in suppressing Cox-2 via the action of NFkappa B, an important DNA regulating factor.
Most publicity about resveratrol focuses on its presence in grape skins and red wine. However, this beneficial compound is found in other plants. Source Naturals RESVERATROL is a standardized extract of Hu Zhang root, a celebrated traditional Chinese herb. This offers consumers the advantage of a non-alcoholic source. Each tablet contains 500 mg of Hu Zhang extract, yielding 40 mg of resveratrol activity.
2 tablets twice daily.
*Daily Value not established.
Do not use if either tamper-evident seal is broken or missing. Keep out of the reach of children.
|Name||Source Naturals, Resveratrol 40 mg 60 tablets|