UltraMeal Plus is a medical food formulated with a proprietary soy protein and plant sterol blend to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease, such as:
UltraMeal Plus—along with a low-glycemic-index dietary program and regular exercise—has been clinically tested and shown to improve important markers of cardiovascular health and support a healthy body composition (a healthy ratio of lean muscle mass to fat mass).
- Provides 15 grams of soy protein per serving from PharmaSoy®. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease. Soy protein has also been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects.
- Provides 2 grams of plant sterols per serving. The NIH recommends consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Supplies a low-glycemic-index meal option of only 160 calories.
- Provides a full complement of vitamins and minerals, including non-dairy calcium and chromium.
- Comes with a Quick-Start Guide or a more comprehensive Patient Guide for complete program guidelines.
- Available in natural and delicious, dairy-free Natural Vanilla, Natural Dutch Chocolate, Natural Mocha, and Strawberry Supreme.
Blend, shake, or briskly stir two level scoops (50 grams) into eight ounces of chilled water.
The most helpful favorable review
This is my favorite flavor of this product as it is not too rich but is flavorable either alone or mixed as a smoothie with fruit or other food stuffs. I never tire of the taste as I have with the chocolate. The Ultrameal is very satisfying and I do not feel hungry until lunch time and yet it is neutricious and gives me the little bit of sweetness I need without adding sugar to my diet. It is also heart healthy which is important to me as I am a diabetic.
Published by Ruthie on 2011-09-23 23:16:43
See more 5 Stars reviews
The most helpful critical review