New & Improved Fem Prenatal is a comprehensive, vegetarian multivitamin and mineral supplement designed to help pregnant women meet their increased nutritional needs. Since pregnancy increases the body's requirement for certain nutrients, most doctors recommend the added insurance of a multiple vitamin and mineral supplement. Taking one packet daily not only means more convenience, it means greater compliance. Now busy expectant mothers only have to worry about taking one packet daily—whenever they choose! It's ideal for healthy, happy moms and babies.
- Just one convenient packet daily provides important nutition a pregnant woman needs, including:
- Optimal amount of folate—1 mg—to promote healthy fetal development, breast health, and healthy mental function and mood.
- Enhanced antioxidant support—full-spectrum, all-natural Betatene mixed carotenoids; 300% increase in natural vitamin E; and 5-fold increase in selenium.
- Increased level of vitamin C—250 mg—to support healthy tissue maintenance, iron absorption, and immune function, as well as promote healthy development of cells, collagen, bones, and teeth.
- Adjusted level of Vitamin A to support normal growth, healthy immune function, and vision, as well as to allow for the recommendation of multiple packets when desired.
- Vitamin B12 to support healthy mental function and mood.
- Features special mineral amino acid chelates designed for enhanced absorption.
- Contains high quality, bioavailable ingredients in a form that is gentle to sensitive stomachs.
For a complete pregnancy nutrition program also see Wellness Essentials for Pregnancy—comprehensive nutritional support for before, during, and after pregnancy that includes an advanced prenatal multivitamin/mineral formula, essential fatty acids, and choline. It's another convenient nutritional option in a once daily packet for women while planning pregnancy, during pregnancy, and nursing after delivery.
Vitamin A Warning: Excess Vitamin A intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects. Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant should not exceed 5,000 IU of pre-formed vitamin A (retinyl acetate or retinyl palmitate) per day. It is also recommended that children under four should not regularly consume more than 2,500 IU per day.
|Suggested Use||One packet daily or as directed by your health care practitioner.|
†Patented mineral amino acid chelates: U.S. Patent #5,516,925 Albion.
Other Ingredients for Multi Tablets: Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, cellulose, stearic acid, silica, magnesium stearate, and coating (deionized water, hypromellose, maltodextrin, polyethelene glycol, and sodium copper chlorophyllin).
Other Ingredients for Mineral Tablets: Microcrystalline cellulose, cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, silica, and coating (deionized water, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethelene glycol, and carrageenan).
|Warnings||Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.|
|Name||Metagenics, Fem Prenatal 30 Packets|
|Serving Size||1 Packet|
|Package Description||30 Packets|
I appreciate the easy packaging so that I can put the pack of vitamins in my pocket to go so I don't forget them if I'm not quite ready to take them. The amount of folic acid makes my doctor happy and the magnesium makes my digestive track behave. Also, the amount of iron is just right - not too much. I don't know much about all the other vitamins included, but Metagenics came highly recommended by my doctor several years ago and that means alot to me.
easy to take and packlike the packaging for ease of regular ingesting of productWas this review helpful to you?