- Supports healthy liver function
- Dietary Supplement
Why use a supplement to support liver health?
Next to the heart, the liver has one of the toughest jobs in our bodies. Our liver must process almost all of the nutrients that move through our system. It also creates bile, which helps break down fats and move toxins from our bodies. Supporting a healthy liver is important to our overall wellbeing.
Why use SLF Forte?
It is an enhanced version of SLF, with milk thistle, artichoke and turmeric extracts for additional support. The milk thistle extract in SLF Forte is standardized to contain 80% silymarin, which has a tremendous effect in protecting the liver and enhancing detoxification processes.
Research shows that artichoke leaf extract supports healthy bile production in the liver and healthy gastrointestinal function in general.
Turmeric has been investigated for its support of healthy bile secretion, and pancreatic and gastric function.
It contains powerful botanical extracts, vitamins, and liver-supportive antioxidants to help the body detoxify naturally.
- Beet extracts support healthy liver function, including enzyme synthesis, antioxidant activity and phase II detoxification (where amino acids or other nutrients are added to waste products making them water-soluble for excretion via bile or urine).
- Because of its ability to stimulate bile flow from the gallbladder, dandelion has traditionally been used to support liver health.
- Vitamin B6 enhances the body's use of antioxidant vitamins, which assists the liver in its detoxification duties.
- Working together, B6 and B12 support the absorption of fats, carbohydrates and protein; and support healthy red blood cell formation.
- Vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 play key roles in recycling homocysteine, a sulfur-containing amino acid into methionine, another amino acid. Methionine is required for the synthesis of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), a compound involved in the support of cell membranes. It also shows support of healthy fat metabolism and liver function.
|Suggested Use||Take 2 to 4 capsules twice daily, or as recommended by your health care practitioner.|
*Daily Value (DV) not established.
|Other Ingredients||Vegetable capsule (modified cellulose).|
|Warnings||If pregnant, nursing, or taking prescription drugs, consult your health care practitioner prior to use.|
|Name||Integrative Therapeutics, NF Formulas SLF Forte 120 Veg Capsules|
|Serving Size||4 Veg Capsules|
|Package Description||120 Veg Capsules|
|Product Type||Corn Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Salt Free, Soy Free, Sugar Free, Vegetarian, Wheat Free, Yeast Free|
After a check up and blood test, my vet recommended this product for my 14 year old dog to boost her liver health. We started her on it and then did another blood test a couple months later - her liver function had improved.