Know if you're at risk for brittle bones
Osteoporosis affects many women and men as they age, reducing bone density and increasing the risk of bone fractures.The National Osteoporosis Foundation offers this list of risk factors for osteoporosis:
- Being older or female.
- Having osteoporosis in the family.
- Having a small stature or thin frame.
- Being white, Asian or Hispanic.
- Having a prior bone fracture.
- Having low sex hormones.
- Getting insufficient exercise.
- Getting insufficient dietary calcium and vitamin D.
- Eating a diet that's high in caffeine, sodium and protein.
- Using alcohol or tobacco.
- Having eating disorders or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Using certain drugs, such as steroids.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Pure Encapsulations OsteoBalance: High calcium osteoporosis support with broad spectrum cofactors.
New Chapter Bone Strength Take Care: Bone-strengthening calcium your body recognizes as food.
PERQUE Bone Guard Forte 20: Bone density increase with 20 active nutrients.
Enzymatic Therapy OsteoPrime Bone Formula: Bone-health and mineral mass support in capsule form.