Has it been a while since you dusted off your gym shoes? Is your New Yearâ€™s fitness resolution on the back burner?
Hereâ€™s the deal. Just because you didnâ€™t stick to your original 2011 fitness plan doesnâ€™t mean that itâ€™s too late to make healthy workout habits. So what if procrastination won out for the month of January. Â This month, beat laziness to the punch and tweak your schedule to make time for working out. Try some of these creative ways to fit fitness into your daily routine:
- Set your alarm 30 minutes early and do it first thing in the morning.
- Start with a form of exercise that you enjoy (youâ€™ll be more likely to make room in your schedule for something that peaks your interest).
- Park far away. Those extra steps that youâ€™ll have to walk will add up over time!
- Take the stairs. Yeah, we know itâ€™s not as fun. But your butt will thank you.
- Get off the bus one stop early. Use your legs to get you the rest of the way.
- Do a couple 10 minute mini-workouts throughout the day (even simple rotations of jumping jacks, running in place, and speed-walking around your apartment will do the trick).
- Utilize your lunch break. Do wall squats, push-ups, or pack a liquid meal and take a walk while you slurp.
- Make the most of TV time. Tell yourself that your not allowed to catch up on your favorite show until youâ€™ve put in a good 30 minutes of exercise (even if it means watching it on Hulu or DVR). Or, commit to doing lunges, crunches, and planks throughout every commercial break.
Remember, in order to successfully make time in your schedule for intensely focused workouts you gotta prioritize. Ask yourself â€œHow badly do I want to increase or maintain my personal fitness level?â€ If the answer is â€œBAD!â€ (and we hope it is) then make at least 30 minutes of exercise one of your top priorities for the day (that means working out should come BEFORE Facebooking, catching up on Modern Family, or playing with the apps on your new IPad).
Looking for a great online health store? Check out healthdesigns where you can Buy Vitamins, Health Supplements, Herbs & Minerals Online. And be sure to comment below and share how YOU make time to work out! We wanna know!