If we could bottle and sell a potion for longevity we would. Unfortunately, itâ€™s not so simple (and if we knew of a pill-poppinâ€™ way to live longer we could probably retire). We do, however, have some sneaky tips for living longer. Theyâ€™re no magic potion, but all evidence shows that they do help to spite Father Time! Check out our longevity tricks:
- Eat more raw produce. A daily cup of raw veggies can lengthen your life by up to a year! Cooking produce reduces its antioxidant properties. Go for raw fruits and veggies if you want to maximize their health benefits.
- Reduce belly fat. Keep your body mass index (BMI) between 19 and 24 percent. A BMI of 25 or greater can shorten your life by up to 3 years.
- Get a pet. Studies indicate that pet owners live longer and are happier than those who do not have pets. Canâ€™t afford a pet? Schedule a play date with a friendâ€™s pooch or volunteer at the local animal shelter.
- Change your attitude. Mayo Clinic researchers have found that optimistic people are 50% less likely to die early than pessimists!
- Make some whoopee. Sex reduces stress, improves sleep, and leads to greater well-being and contentment. Couples with an active and healthy sex life reportedly look 7 years younger than those who rarely or never engage in sexual activity.
- Get moving. A healthy exercise regime (coupled with healthy diet) can reduce your risk of cancer by up to 40%. Plus, exercise is a natural mood booster, helps to battle weight gain, and strengthens muscles (thus reducing risk of injury).
- Eat more nuts. It could give you 2 bonus years! Studies indicate that those who munch on nuts 5 days a week live an average of 2.9 years longer than those who donâ€™t eat nuts.
Looking for health supplies or healthy snacks? Check out healthdesigns where you can Buy Vitamins, Health Supplements, Herbs & Minerals Online. And if youâ€™ve got any longevity tips be sure to comment and share!