Are your kids getting enough vitamins? Crossing your fingers and hoping probably aint gonna do the trick! But if youâ€™re like most of us, figuring out exactly what your tykes need can be a bit of a challenge. What vitamins do kids need most? Do they really need a vitamin supplement? Check out the facts!
Vitamins Kids Need Most (The A, B, Câ€™s...)
- Vitamin A - promotes healthy eyes, healthy skin, effective immune responses, and tissue and bone growth. Vitamin A can be found in potatoes, carrots, milk, eggs, spinach, cantaloupe, and cheese.
- Vitamin B - boosts metabolism and promotes healthy circulatory and nervous systems. Dairy, beans, fish, nuts, chicken, and soybeans are all good sources of vitamin B.
- Vitamin C - creates healthy skin and strong muscles and ligaments. Sources of vitamin C include citrus fruits, strawberries, potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, and kiwi.
- Vitamin D - helps create healthy bones and teeth and helps the body absorb calcium. Dairy products, fish, and fortified cereals and juices are good sources of vitamin D.
- Iron - builds healthy muscles and creates essential red blood cells. Spinach, prunes, beans, lean red meats, molasses, and iron-fortified foods all provide dietary iron.
- Calcium - works to build strong bones. Calcium-rich foods include dairy products, salmon, tofu, spinach, rhubarb, beans, and fortified juices and cereals.
Kids Vitamin Supplements (are they necessary?)
- Be practical about it. Take a look at nutrition labels and evaluate your childâ€™s diet. Is your child lactose intolerant or a picky eater? Are you pressed for time when it comes to making vitamin-rich snacks or meals? Your child may be missing out on essential vitamins. And letâ€™s face it. Explaining the essential nutritional value of spinach to a 5 year old probably isnâ€™t gonna get you anywhere. For most kids, a vitamin supplement is a helpful and welcome resource.
Looking for a reliable supplier for vitamin supplements? Check out healthdesigns - you can Buy Vitamins, Health Supplements, Herbs & Minerals Online. Healthdesigns has a wide array of kids vitamin supplements, including NuMedica, Kid's Cherry Chewables 90 Chewable Tablets (they taste like cherry!) and Ola Loa, Kid's Multi Vitamin + Minerals and Immune Boosters Cran-Raspberry 30 Packets (dissolvable powder that mixes easily with juice or water).