Common causes among women
While migraines and their causes vary from person to person, researchers have identified some common triggers.The National Women's Health Information Center offers this list:
- Too much sleep, or not enough shut-eye.
- Missing meals.
- Overstimulated senses, including noises that are too loud, scents that are too strong, or lights that are too bright.
- Hormonal changes.
- Changes in the weather.
- Drinking red wine or changes in caffeine intake.
- Aspartame, an artificial sweetener.
- Food additives such as tyramine, monosodium glutamate (MSG) or nitrates.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Heel Headache: For the temporary relief of headache due to stress, headache due to eye strain, and tension headache.
Thorne Research Petadolex: Prevents and treats migraines, relieves bronchial spasms and allergic rhinitis.
Boericke & Tafel Migraide: Natural alternative for migraines.
Ecological Formulas Feverfew 125 mg: Migraine herbal preventative preparation.