Peppermint oil is one of the most versatile aromatic herb out there. It literally has hundreds of benefits and uses. Who would of thought peppermint oil could help with indigestion, or even stress? I sure didn't. I decided to do some research on this remarkable oil after seeing a post about it helping with headaches. What I found I really wasn't expecting! I couldn't believe all the things peppermint oil can help, prevent, and reduce!
Once I read the post about peppermint oil helping with headaches and migraines, I wanted to try it for myself. So I bought some peppermint essential oil by Now Foods at HealthDesigns.com, and was very impressed by the results. The directions say just dabs some peppermint oil on your finger and massage it on your temples (or where ever your headaches is) and just leave on for 15-30 minutes. After putting the oil on my temples, not only did
my headache go away after about 10 minutes, but the oil left a cooling and tingly sensation on my forehead which felt amazing! This is a great substitute for over the counter medicine, especially for people who prefer all-natural remedies, and it smells GREAT!
Along with headaches, here are some more benefits and uses for peppermint oil:
- Indigestion- Mix a few drops in a small glass of water. This helps with indigestion and upset stomach.
- Dental Cavities/Bad Breath- Add a drop or two to your toothpaste to help fight germs and prevent bad breath.
- Allergies- Extract from peppermint leaves may inhibit histamine release, which suggests it may help alleviate hay fever symptoms.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome- Peppermint oil has been describes as the drug of first choice for many IBS patients.
- Colds/Congestion- Massage 2-3 drops onto chest or drop into a oil diffuser to help clear sinuses and lung congestion.
- Stress Relief- After a long tiring day, soak yourself in a bath or shower after applying a few drops of oil to your body.
- Hair and Skin- Try blending peppermint oil into your massage oil, shampoo, body wash or body lotion. Antibacterial properties cool your skin and can remove dandruff (and even lice) from your scalp.
- Muscle Pain- Massage peppermint oil onto your sore muscles or add it to your bath water.
Check out many more benefits and uses for Peppermint Oil HERE.
You can find the Now Essential Oils - Peppermint at HealthDesigns.com. The great thing about this product is it's under $5! A little goes a long way too so one bottle lasts a long time! For the Now Solutions Oil diffuser CLICK HERE. If you're a first time customer, save $5 with code: SOCIAL. Thanks for reading!