Suggestions for travel
Diabetes doesn't have to keep you from traveling, but you still need some extra preparation before you begin your trip.The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions to help you plan before you leave:
- Make sure your diabetes is well-controlled. Before you leave for a long trip, a visit with your doctor to make sure you're healthy, and to get the immunizations you need, is a good idea.
- Pack extra medication, syringes and other supplies.
- Take a letter from your doctor that describes exactly what supplies you need, a list of your medications, and any allergies you have.
- Always wear your bracelet or necklace that identifies you as having diabetes.
- If traveling to a foreign country, learn how to say key phrases in the native tongue, such as "I have diabetes" and how to ask for sugar or orange juice.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Carlson Labs Nutra Support Diabetes Iron-Free: High-potency multivitamin and mineral formula that provides enhanced nutritional support for people with diabetes and prediabetes.
Nature Works Alpha Betic Once-A-Day Multi-Vitamin: Nutritional insurance for people with diabetes.
Allergy Research Group Sugar Balance Formula: A unique formulation to support blood sugar within normal levels.