What it may mean
Pelvic pain is common in women, in varying degrees of severity and at different times. Determining whether it indicates something harmless or serious should always be left to a physician.The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists says here are common causes of pelvic pain in women:
- An infection somewhere in the pelvic region, including pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Cysts on the ovaries, which can occur during monthly ovulation.
- Fibroids on the uterus.
- An ectopic pregnancy, where a fertilized egg grows somewhere other than the uterus, often in a fallopian tube.
- Menstrual pain, which can be severe.
- Endometriosis or adenomyosis.
- Gastrointestinal, urologic or musculoskeletal disorders.
- Psychological disorders, including depression.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Metagenics Fem Essentials: Comprehensive nutrition for women.
Xymogen EstroCare (transdermal): Works in concert with progesterone to nourish and support female reproductive tissues.
Wei Laboratories MayMay Capsule: An oral supplement used for problems in female reproductive system.