Some possible reasons for bad dreams
While nightmares mostly affect children, even adults have an occasional bad dream.Why do nightmares happen? The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers this list of possible causes:
- Being stressed or anxious, often resulting from a significant life event.
- Withdrawing too quickly from alcohol use, or drinking too much alcohol.
- Having a sleep disorder, such as narcolepsy.
- Being sick with a fever.
- Having a side effect or reaction to a drug.
- Eating too close to bedtime, which raises your metabolism and increases brain activity.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Enzymatic Therapy Sleep Tonight Stress-Reducing Sleep Aid: Valerian-free supplement that helps reduce stress hormones to support the body's relaxation response.
Gaia Herbs Sound Sleep: Ultimate support for refreshing and revitalizing sleep.
Integrative Therapeutics End Fatigue Adrenal Stress-End: Contains essential vitamins that support adrenal gland function.
New Chapter Rhodiolaforce 300: Tested adaptogen for stress.