This is not mashed potatoes. This is mashed cauliflower.Â Less calories, less carbs, moreÂ vegetables, without reducing the flavor or adding any preservatives. If there are ever any â€œsecretsâ€ when it comes to this healthy lifestyle, then this would be it.
Here's the recipe
- 8 cups Or 1 head of a Cauliflower Floret
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
Note:Â I did not use butter, and instead of 4 teaspoons of olive oil I used 3. Play around with this recipe until you are satisfied with the flavor and consistency.
- Place cauliflower florets and garlic in a steamer basket over boiling water, cover and steam until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place florets and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water, cover and microwave on High for 3 to 5 minutes.)
- Place the cooked cauliflower and garlic in a food processor. Add buttermilk, 2 teaspoons oil, butter, salt and pepper; pulse several times, then process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garnish with chives, if desired. Serve hot.
Per serving:Â 107Â calories;Â 7Â gÂ fat (Â 1Â gÂ sat ,Â 4Â gÂ mono );Â 3Â mg cholesterol;Â 10Â gÂ carbohydrates;Â 0Â gÂ added sugars;Â 5Â gÂ protein;Â 4Â gÂ fiber;Â 339Â mgÂ sodium; 288Â mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (150% daily value), Folate (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings:Â 1/2
4 servings, 3/4 cup each
via Dee, the fitty