Suggestions to ease the pain
Menstrual cramps signal an unwelcome time of the month for many women.The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions to help relieve the pain and discomfort of monthly menstrual cramps:
- Use an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as naproxen sodium or ibuprofen.
- Apply a hot water bottle or heating pad to the abdominal area.
- Perform regular exercises, such as walking or pelvic exercises.
- Stick to a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Avoid salt, sugar, caffeine and alcohol.
- Perform relaxation techniques, such as meditation or yoga.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Integrative Therapeutics Vitex Extract: Relieves symptoms of PMS and improves menstrual comfort.
Pure Encapsulations Chaste Tree (Vitex): Wide range support for female reproductive health.
Protech Nutritionals ProFem: Nutritional complex for the management of PMS.