Making a healthy pizza doesn't have to be hard. Just be sure to make your own crust and choose your toppings wisely. Avoid things like white flour, sugars, oils, and butter. Swap them out for ingredients that contain complex carbs, healthy fats, healthy oils and protein.
Low Carb, High Protein Pizza Recipe
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup Psyllium Husks
• 1/2 cup Pea Protein Powder - or - Brown Rice Protein Powder
• Herbs to taste: Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, Basil
• Seasonings and spices to taste: Garlic Salt, Onion Salt, Pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together in bowl until you get a thick, sticky dough.
2. Thinly coat a non-stick pan with coconut oil and place it in oven on high heat until sizzles. Remove from oven.
3. Scoop dough onto hot pan and spread out with spoon until it is in an even, round shape.
4. Bake at 350 until one side is done.
5. Remove from oven and flip dough to other side. Add your favorite toppings (suggestions below) and stick in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is brown.
Topping suggestions: chicken, beef, pineapple, ham, mushrooms, eggs, spinach, anchovies, artichokes, bleu cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli, cheddar, goat cheese