For many people the sounds of spring include birds chirping, children laughing, and pedestrians back to their daily walks. But for others, the sounds of spring also include sneezing, wheezing, hacking, and coughing. And while the sounds of allergies are often seasonal, sometimes they are due to nothing more than a personâ€™s home.
Looking for ways to make your home allergen free? Read on for some tips and tricks!
- Purify the air. Look for a HEPA air purifier and put it in the bedroom. Nowadays, air purifiers feature easy-to-change filters and have been shown to dramatically ease allergies and improve sleep.
- Check the humidity in your house. If you donâ€™t already have one, purchase a humidistat. Make sure that the humidity is kept below 50. Mold and dust mites will not grow unless the humidity goes above 50.
- Change your bedding. Purchase allergen-free pillows and mattresses. Wash your sheets regularly in hot water.
- Clean often. Mop hard floors and wipe down all surfaces with a cloth dampened with hot water or a natural cleaner. Vacuum rugs, carpets, sofas, and drapes regularly. Use a vacuum equipped with a HEPA air filter.
- Reduce clutter. Keep surfaces clear of knickknacks, books, and piles of stuff. These items collect dust and chances are you wonâ€™t remember to clean each item as often as you remember to dust the surfaces that they sit on.
- Monitor your pets. Keep them out of the bedroom if possible. Bathe them often. If possible, have a non-allergic family member or friend brush them outside to remove as much dander as possible.
Is it time to restock the medicine cabinet? Head to healthdesigns where you can Buy Vitamins, Health Supplements, Herbs & Minerals Online. And if you havenâ€™t already, be sure to â€œlikeâ€ healthdesigns.com on Facebook. Youâ€™ll receive weekly health tips and info on sales and discounts!