There are those times when we simply must give in. Sometimes our taste buds just cry out for those sweet, succulent, crystalline carbs known as sugar. Who are we to deny our cravings? Is life really worth living if it is devoid of all sweetness and sucrose? We can only be good for so long!
(Okay, so sugar cravings make us a little dramatic. We apologize.)
If youâ€™re looking for a way to satisfy your sweet tooth, but donâ€™t want to ruin your health, then check out these healthy dessert ideas:
- Fresh fruit drizzled with honey. Fresh fruit is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Honey boosts immunity, naturally increases energy, and is a home-remedy for a variety of ailments (including yeast infections, arthritis pain, hangovers, sore throats, and sleeplessness).
- Dark chocolate. Itâ€™s low in sugar and thus low in calories. Plus, dark chocolate is full of antioxidants that combat the signs of aging. Try having an ounce of dark chocolate with a glass of red wine for a scrumptious and heart-healthy dessert.
- Acai berry smoothies. You can go to your local smoothie shop, or make them at home. Just toss a cup or two of frozen berries and an ounce of Acai juice (try Genesis Today, Acai100 32 fl oz) into your blender. Puree until smooth. Voila! Berry sweetness and the health benefits of Acai (longevity, cardiovascular health, boosted libido, and gastrointestinal wellness).
- Blueberries with lemon sorbet. The tang of the sorbet goes perfectly with the sweetness of the blueberries. Try this: instead of topping your super sweet sorbet with blueberries, top your blueberries with sorbet! Stick with more of the fresh berries and less of the sorbet and youâ€™ll reap more health benefits. After all, blueberries are antioxidant powerhouses and help to reduce inflammation and fight cancer.
- Chocolate flavored tea. Want to satisfy the urge for dessert without adding extra calories? Try a chocolate flavored tea, such as Yogi, Mayan Cocoa Spice Tea 16 Tea Bags. Itâ€™s guilt-free satisfaction for your chocolate craving. Plus youâ€™ll reap the health benefits of chocolateâ€™s powerful antioxidant properties.
Donâ€™t forget to take your daily vitamins and supplements! You can Buy Vitamins, Health Supplements, Herbs & Minerals Online at healthdesigns. And if you follow healthdesigns.com on Facebook youâ€™ll receive health tips and info on sales and giveaways!