Itâ€™s easy to whip up a healthy breakfast if you have time to eat at home in the mornings, but even if you eat breakfast at work or on the road you have options.Â You can grab a healthy breakfast on the go or take a couple minutes to pack your own healthy breakfast. Inspired by Starbucks Protein Plate, here is one Â of my favorite packed breakfats.
- 1 Hard-Boiled Egg:Â I make hard boiled eggs once a week and keep them in the fridge for easy meals or snacks during the week.
- 3 Small Slices Cheese (about 3/4 oz):Â This is Sharp Cheddar, but Swiss is also a favorite.
- 1 Handful Unsalted Almonds (about 1 1/2 oz):Â I also like walnuts, cashews, and sunflower seeds.Â Sometimes I save this for a mid-morning snack!
- 1 Apple:Â Any piece of whole fruit will do, I just grab whatever I have on hand.Â I try to avoid processed fruits (like applesauce or canned fruit).
- 2 Mini Whole Wheat Pitas:Â Any healthy carb is perfect.Â If you have access to a toaster, I like to pop the pitas in and then spread with all-fruit jam.
- 1 Tablespoon All-Fruit Jam:Â This is optional â€“ just for spreading on your bread (low-fat cream cheese is also a favorite).
- Green Tea:Â Healthy and delicious, I drink mine as-is without sweetener.Â In hot months I also like to cold-brew my teaÂ and drink it all day long.
- 1 Cherry:Â Dessert.Â :)
via An Edible Mosaic