How aging may affect your ability to stay healthy
As you age, your body often isn't able to protect you against disease as effectively as when you were younger.The U.S. National Library of Medicine lists these changes to the immune system that may occur as part of the aging process:
- Decreased ability to protect against infection.
- Decreased effectiveness and duration of vaccinations.
- Increased risk of developing an autoimmune disease.
- Decreased ability to heal from wounds and other injuries.
- Decreased ability to detect and correct cell defects, which could raise the risk of certain cancers.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Integrative Therapeutics Probiotic Pearls Pro-Flora Immune: Immunologically targeted strains for long-term immunoregulation.
Metagenics CogniSure Chocolate chewable: Support for healthy brain aging and cognition.
HealthDesigns Resveratrol-HD: An antioxidant supplement to support longevity and cardiovascular function.