Earth Day. Itâ€™s one of those holidays where youâ€™re never quite sure if itâ€™s worth celebrating. And if you do celebrate, then what on earth (pun intended) are you supposed to do? Hug a tree? Plant flowers? Pick up trash?
Here. Allow us. Behold some of the top ways to celebrate Earth Day (today or any day of the year!):
- Buy some fresh herbs and plant them in pots in your kitchen. Just think - fresh mint, basil, or sage every time you want to cook.
- Give yourself a homemade facial or at-home spa experience. Purchase some eco-beauty products.
- Donâ€™t have automatic recycling pick-up? Go get yourself a recycle bin and locate the nearest recycling center. Mark a day on your calendar to haul those recyclables over!
- Invest in all-natural cleaning supplies. Harsh household cleaners are bad for you and the planet.
- Cook a meal from scratch. Peruse the web for veggie-filled spring recipes. Grab your friends. Grab your kids. Make it a cooking party!
- Make an oath to quit buying bottled water. Invest in a water filter and reusable water bottles.
- Go for a long walk - rain or shine. Take your time and enjoy the fresh air, trees, grass, flowers, etc... Looking for a challenge? See if you can skip your car for a day. Walk or bicycle to all your destinations!
- Spread awareness. Tweet about what youâ€™re doing to reduce your carbon footprint. Make Earth Day greeting cards with your kids. Tell your friends about the bird-feeder you made out of an old milk jug. Keep celebrating Earth Day - all year long!
Running low on natural and earth-friendly health supplies? Be sure to check out healthdesigns where you can Buy Vitamins, Health Supplements, Herbs & Minerals Online. And if youâ€™ve got any creative ways for celebrating Earth Day then comment and post your ideas!