Some possible causes
Dry hair may be crunchy, brittle and lack that healthy softness and shine of hair with enough moisture.Here are potential causes of dry hair, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Having anorexia nervosa.
- Washing the hair too frequently.
- Using harsh, drying hair products, or those that contain alcohol.
- Blow-drying the hair too frequently.
- Living in an area with dry air.
- Having a condition called Menkes kinky hair syndrome.
- Being malnourished.
- Having underactive parathyroid or thyroid glands.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Douglas Labs Hair, Skin and Nails Plus: Supplies beneficial amounts of several vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients specially formulated to support healthy hair, skin, and nails.
FoodScience of Vermont Superior Hair: Supports hair health and growth.
Enzymatic Therapy Lustrous Hair and Nails Biotin Blend: Restore and rejuvenate your hair and nails for extraordinary shine.
Barlean's Organic Oils Essential Woman: Combines a full compliment of therapeutically beneficial nutrients targeted for the special and changing needs of a woman.