How to help your child adjust
Arthritis isn't just a disease of the elderly. Children may be affected by a disease called juvenile arthritis.The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions to help families cope with the condition:
- Family members should openly discuss what each person is feeling, including concerns, anger and fears.
- The child with juvenile arthritis should not be allowed to shirk responsibilities, as long as he or she is physically able to fulfill them.
- Teach your child about the disease, including information about management and treatment, in an age-appropriate way.
- Don't be overbearing or overprotective. Encourage independence and responsibility.
- Spend time with each other -- as a family, and one-on-one with your child.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Boericke & Tafel Triflora Gel: For arthritis/tendonitis, aches, pains, and stiffness.
Integrative Therapeutics Joint Gel: Fast-acting relief from arthritis, backache, joint and muscle pain.
Pure Encapsulations ArthRed Powder: Helps build and strengthen cartilage.