Canadian customers who rely on healthdesigns.com for nutrition can typically received orders via our International Airmail in just 7-12 days. Â But we have been hearing reports over the last month that some orders are taking as long as 4-6 weeks, which is crazy - we agree. Â So here is some information as to why there is such a delay right now from our DHL and USPS carriers:
Canada Post is experiencing service issues in certain areas of the country.
- These challenges are being caused primarily by transition issues related to a massive investment in new technology and processes throughout Canada Postâ€™s network.
- This investment is required as much of the equipment used in our mail processing facilities is over 20 years old, and the processes used to deliver the mail were first introduced in the early 1970s.
- For this reason, we are investing $2 billion in new technology and processes to improve our equipment, reduce costs and better position the postal system to cope with declining mail volumes.
- The scale of the network-wide changes being introduced represents a tremendous challenge. Mail flows are being disrupted by the technology change over.
- Canada Post has undertaken more change in the past four years than in the previous 40 years.
- The company is now working through the complexities of changing its infrastructure while attempting to maintain normal operations.
- We are taking steps to resolve the current challenges by providing employees with additional training on new equipment and hiring additional staff where needed.
- The measures being taken are starting to help.
- All of us at Canada Post take pride in our service and understand the frustration experienced by some customers in recent months.