Cut down on foods that worsen symptoms
The need to burp and pass gas is normal. But some people feel like they're frequently bloated and gassy.The U.S. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse offers these suggestions to help reduce uncomfortable gas:
- Cut down on foods known to cause gas, such as beans, dairy products, bran and whole wheat foods.
- Limit gas-causing vegetables such as onions, broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts, and fruits such as peaches, apples and pears.
- Avoid sugary fruit drinks and carbonated soft drinks. Instead, drink water.
- Avoid swallowing excessive air by eating slowly and chewing thoroughly.
- Keep a diary of foods that cause gas for you, and try to avoid them.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Gaia Herbs Rapid Relief Gas & Bloating: Fast-acting relief for gas, bloating, and digestive discomfort.
Integrative Therapeutics Similase BV: Helps prevent gas, promotes healthy digestion of beans and vegetables.
Enzymatic Therapy Acidophilus Pearls: A blend of good bacteria for healthy digestion.
FoodScience of Vermont Clearly Fiber: Supports intestinal regularity, and maintenance of cholesterol, triglyceride, and blood sugar levels within normal ranges.