Signs that stomach contents are backing up
Gastroesophageal reflux occurs when the contents of the stomach back up into the esophagus. It's common among adults, but babies aren't immune from it either.The U.S. National Library of Medicine discusses the warning signs of a baby struggling with reflux:
- Frequent, persistent coughing.
- Crying all the time, as if baby is in pain.
- Vomiting frequently, particularly within the first few weeks of birth.
- Vomiting with extreme force.
- It appears that baby is holding the breath or not breathing for a period.
- Slower-than-normal growth.
- Loss of weight.
- Wheezing during breathing.
Related Products on HealthDesigns.com:
Carlson Labs Baby Ddrops 400 IU: Vitamin D for healthy growth and development.
New Chapter Perfect Prenatal: Nourishing fulfillment for you and your baby.
Thorne Research Basic Prenatal: A complete supplement for pregnant and lactating women.