Itâ€™s crowâ€™s-feet for me. For some of you it might be age spots, grey hairs, fatigue, sagging skin, weight gain, varicose veins, memory loss, or smile lines. (And if you look in the mirror and an 18-year-old is staring back then just bookmark this page and re-read it in 5 years...)
Unfortunately, signs of aging are inevitable. We may go to great lengths to find the fountain of youth and stave off Father Time, but sooner or later weâ€™re not gonna get carded any more, the aches and pains will come, and going to bed early will sound delightful rather than lame. But even though weâ€™ve got to accept Mother Natureâ€™s cruelty there are some things we can do turn back the clock a little. Check out these anti-aging tips:
- Boost your antioxidant consumption. Antioxidants are youth-protecting Jedi when it comes to changing your body from the inside-out. Chow down on raw fruits (especially berries) and vegetables (especially leafy greens).
- Evaluate your fats (and we donâ€™t your hips and thighs). Skip out on the bad saturated and trans fats at meal time (think fatty meats and cheeses, packaged foods, fast foods, vegetable shortening, and margarine). Embrace good-for-you monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats (found in nuts, avocados, olive oil, salmon, and fish oils).
- Work out. Whether youâ€™re 26 or 62, working out will provide you with renewed vigor, toned muscles, a leaner build, and strengthened bones. Concerned about jumping into a fitness regime and over doing it? Chat with your physician about what activity level is best.
- Avoid the sun, smoke, and spirits. Sun exposure leads to wrinkles and sun spots (try sunless tanning if you want that golden glow). Smoking also leads to premature wrinkles and destroys your body from the inside out. High levels of alcohol consumption dehydrates skin and can lead to broken capillaries in the face and nose. Need we say more?
- Choose the right creams. Look for facial creams and moisturizers that contain Retinol, Kinetin, or tea extracts. These antioxidant-rich compounds will help reduce the appearance of fine-lines, age spots, and wrinkles.
Looking for fish oil, supplements, or the perfect wrinkle cream? Check out healthdesigns - where you can Buy Vitamins, Health Supplements, Herbs & Minerals Online. And if youâ€™re looking for health tips and fabulous giveaways then be sure to like healthdesigns.com on Facebook!