Bath bombs are a fun way to relax and unwind from the day. Just drop one in your tub and enjoy the fragrance of essential oils, skin softening fizz and beautiful swirling colors. Adding these to your bath makes for the ultimate spa experience in the comfort of your own home.
Making your own bath bombs is very simple and takes no prior experience. Customize the essential oils to achieve different fragrances and health benefits like sexual arousal, detoxification, skin solutions, stress reduction, sickness relief and more. Oh, did we mention how perfect these are to give as gifts? Just tie a little ribbon around the bath bomb and voilà!
DIY Bath Bombs: 5 Easy Steps
You will need the following things to create your own bath bombs. Click the ingredients in blue to order online and receive a $5 off discount with code: SOCIAL
• 1 cup baking soda
• 1 cup powdered citric acid
• 1/2 cup cornstarch
• 1/3 cup finely ground bath salts
• 2 tablespoons almond oil
• 2 tablespoons melted shea butter
• Rose Petal Witch Hazel
• 6 to 10 drops Essential Oils
• Food coloring - optional
1. Mix together dry ingredients (baking soda, citric acid, bath salts, corn starch) using your hand, a fork or a whisk.
2. Add wet ingredients to bowl (almond oil and melted shea butter). Mix gently with hands. Add equal parts witch hazel and lukewarm water until the dough mixture becomes solid enough to compact. Do not add too much moisture as this will cause it to fizz before it's even finished.
3. Add 6-10 drops of essential oil for fragrance and aromatherapy. Add food coloring if you prefer a colored bath instead of the traditional white.
• Click for Essential Oil Mix Recipes
• Click for food coloring mix chart
Store your bath bombs in a decorative jar or container. Something with a lid works best to keep the bath bombs dry and fresh.