Ingredients per vcapsule:
5-Hydroxy L-Tryptophan 50 mg
As a dietary supplement, take 1-2 capsules twice daily between
meals or as directed by your health care practitioner.
1. Patients on MAOIs (approved 2 weeks after discontinuation)
2. Patients with carcinoid tumors
3. Should not be used concurrently with medications such as: SSRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs.
4. Should not be used concurrently with serotonin 5-HT1 receptor agonists including naratriptan, sumatriptan, and zolmitriptan.
5. Patients with ischemic heart disease (Hx of myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, documented silent ischemia)
6. Patients with Hx of coronary artery spasm
7. Uncontrolled hypertension
8. Pregnant women and nursing mothers
Keep out of the reach of children.
Side effects: Due to excessive serotonin production could include:
Nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite, vomiting, difficult breathing, dilation
of pupils, exaggerated reflexes, loss of muscle coordination, blurring of
vision and cardiac dysrythmias.
Note: Carbidopa may increase 5-HTP transport across the blood brain
barrier due to decreased peripheral 5-HTP metabolism.
Methyldopa inhibits conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin.
|Name||BioGenesis, 5-HTP 120 vcaps|