- A satisfying, low-residue meal option of only 85 calories
- Mixes with water or other recommended beverages to make a quick and tasty beverage
- Mix with fruit, yogurt, or ice to make a smoothie
As bariatric patients know, proper bariatric nutrition is a vital part of losing weight and maintaining health. A healthy bariatric eating plan should include adequate intake of protein, vitamins, and minerals to achieve the desired weight loss and overall health goals.
BariatrX Essentials is a great-tasting, low-calorie medical food in powdered beverage form uniquely designed to nutritionally support the health needs of pre- and post-operative bariatric patients. This high protein liquid meal option also provides targeted nutrients to support the management of the specific health concerns of post-bariatric patients, such as energy levels, hair and nail growth, immune health, and tissue repair.
- May reduce the incidence of adverse consequences of bariatric procedures such as dumping syndrome
- Formulated with a blend of superior soy and whey proteins to promote the growth of lean muscle mass while supporting the loss of unhealthy fat
- Contains a targeted blend of macro- and micronutrients designed to meet the specific needs of the bariatric patient:
- Supports hair and nail growth
- Helps to reduce fatigue and weakness
- Supports immune system function
- Provides nutritional building blocks for tissue health and repair
- Provides calcium, which along with regular exercise and a healthy diet, can play a significant role in reducing the rate of bone loss or bone thinning and in protecting bone strength
- Features body-ready folates for cardiovascular health
- Provides fiber for cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health
- Contains heart-healthy soy protein:
- Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease
- Soy protein has also been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects
BariatrX Essentials medical food may be mixed with chilled water, nonfat milk, electrolyte replacement beverages, reduced calorie beverages, or other liquids recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Fresh or frozen fruit, as well as ice or extract flavorings, may be added to customize the texture and taste. Prolonged blending may cause foaming. Volume of fluid may be adjusted to change consistency.
1 month pre-op: Replace 1 meal with 3 level scoops into 12 oz. of liquid once daily.
Or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Additional fluids throughout the day promote adequate hydration. Your healthcare practitioner may recommend additional nutritional products—including targeted vitamins, fiber, and protein—tailored to the needs and sensitive stomachs of bariatric patients. Regular exercise is an essential component of a healthy body composition program as well.
The most helpful favorable review
The most helpful critical review